The dehesa/montado (grazing farms scattered with holm oaks in Spanish and Portuguese), a cross-border agrosylvopastoral (a type of agroforestry) ecosystem unequalled in Europe, is in a serious crisis. It is also a very important tool, thanks to its services and products, vis-à-vis mitigating climate change and minimising erosion in Europe.
This Project aims to promote the necessary actions to add value to the dehesa both environmentally and economically from a sustainable development perspective, through the creation of stable cooperation structures that promote businesses investing in innovation, developing synergies between companies (60,000), R&D&i, technology transfer, public service applications and the demand for dehesa products.
- Appropriate specific regulatory framework
- Creation of permanent technology transfer working structures
- Environmental valorisation of the dehesa
- Improvement of the GIS and CENSUS of the dehesa
- Single UNESCO candidacy to declare the dehesa as a World Heritage Site
- Consolidate a strategy, with a multitude of activities, for cooperation of companies and research centres, promotion of the transfer of results and innovation in products
- Developing professionalisation plans
- Modelling of certification systems
- Economic assessment of the dehesa
- Carry out dissemination, commercialisation and marketing actions for the dehesa